hoopla – borrow movies, music, audiobooks, ebooks, comics and TV shows to enjoy on your computer, tablet, or phone – and even your TV – instantly, with no holds lists!
RB Digital – is a digital newsstand. Through the BCCLS partnership with RBdigital, you can borrow over 250 magazines and read them on your computer or download them to portable devices. There are no check out limits, no returns and no hold lists.
OverDrive/Libby – download ebooks and audibooks from your favorite authors!
Kanopy – stream thousands of movies for free with your library card!
How-To Video Tutorial – follow the link to a video explaining how to access our remote services, conducted by our Tech mentor, Alan
Tumble Books – gain free access to resources for students using the links below:
- Tumble Book Library (K-6 children’s ebook database)
- Tumble Math (K-6 math ebook database)
- Teen Book Cloud (grade 7-12 ebook database)
- Audio Book Cloud (all ages audio book database)
OUR REMOTE SERVICES
We are adding new Adult content using Zoom! For instructions on how to use Zoom, please see our tutorial.
On Wednesday evenings at 7 pm, we will host Virtual Game Nights. Join us on Zoom by clicking here. Questions about game night or how to get started? Email our facilitator, Russell, at email@example.com
Alan will also be continuing his popular ESL Conversation class virtually via Zoom on Thursdays at 6:30 pm. To join us, click here. Let Alan know you’re attending or have any of your questions answered by emailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ll also be hosting a virtual Coffee Break on Zoom! Join us on Tuesdays at 10 am by clicking here. Stop in and chat with some familiar faces from the Maywood Library Staff! If you have questions, email email@example.com.
We will be streaming live content on our Facebook page. We will also be posing questions and conversation topics with members of our Facebook community, so please be sure to follow Maywood Public Library on Facebook.
Instructional videos on how to use our streaming/digital services will be uploaded to Facebook.
Our tentative LIVE Facebook schedule is listed below. Schedule is subject to change, but we will do our best to keep things as regular as possible!
- Story Time Live (Ideal for ages 18 mo- 5 years old) – Mondays and Wednesdays at 10:30 AM
- Yoga Story Time Live (ideal for ages 2 years old and up)- Tuesdays at 5:00 PM
- At Home Story Time and Craft Slides (Ideal for ages 18 mo- 5 years old)- posted to feed on Thursday
- Tween Craft Tutorial Live (Ideal for ages 10 and up) – Thursdays at 3 PM
- Story Time and Craft tutorial Live (ideal for kindergarteners- 3rd grade) -Fridays at 2:30 PM
We will also be posting some staff created content and videos on our website for you to check out whenever you’d like! Check out our all new section on Staff Generated Content!
We will be sending out email updates. If you would like to be added to the list, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
OTHER REMOTE/LIVE/STREAMING SERVICES FROM BCCLS LIBRARIES
OTHER THINGS TO CHECK OUT
- Met Kids – explore the Metroplitan Museum of Art
- Google Arts and Culture – explore works of art and famous places from your own home in this interactive space
- Smithsonian’s National Zoo & Conservation Biology Institute – view live webcam footage of some of the animals!
- NASA – explore space…from your couch!
- America’s Test Kitchen – explore your own kitchen with recipes and activities for kids
- ScratchJr – take this opportunity to learn coding with your kids!